What Are We Growing?
In this lively sermon, QuianaDenae will explore what is possible when communities adopt the 8th principle; calling us to think of what we are growing for ourselves and our greater body of faith.
This service will not be in person, and will be entirely on Zoom. Our next in-person service will be December 5.
- Gathering Music - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlMaqVAiTMM; Solid and Strong by Kimya Dawson
- Opening Hymn - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsziXdKfOsE; #153 Oh, I Woke Up This Morning sung by The Freedom Singers
- Time for All Ages - https://youtu.be/8-L0mdrphGI; Errol’s Garden
- Offering - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEZ-hlVX1rw; Canción para Dos Niñas/Lullaby for Two Little Girls written and performed by American Pianist Sara Davis Buechner, American pianist who identifies as transgender,
- Joys and Concerns - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I6wffi4P-U; Sunset Village written and performed by Beverly Glenn-Copeland, Buddhist transgender ambient artist from Canada
- Reading - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ca0kxNjxPr4jLJDInKxdrMgEoRMasoZoB8kLikA6lKU/edit?usp=sharing; Winter Series 1, an original poem by QuianaDenae Perkins
- Closing Hymn - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfoJ2DBfPrA; #1017 We Are Building a New Way (Sandefer) performed by Dr. Glen Thomas Rideout
Postlude - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5YNFT1VFK0; Other Song by Caroline Shaw, who identifies as queer, from her album Let the Soil Play its Simple Part; youngest recipient of Pulitzer Prize for music in 2013