Collaborative Disagreement: Building Reality from Conflict in the Time of Coronavirus
Reflecting on the lessons of the pandemic, Ken & Sarah came to opposite conclusions. Ken was struck repeatedly with the insight that humans are primarily biological beings, while Sarah has come to understand in her bones that humans are primarily social animals. Several discussions have become heated :) In this Sunday’s service, Ken and Sarah will reflect together on the lived experiences that brought them to these seemingly opposing conclusions, and collaborate to develop a worldview large and complex enough to contain both of their experiences. Then they’ll explore the UU principles that inform the emotions under the surface of their conflict.
- Gathering Music - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwgwIyyZfvk; We Shall Be Known (Mamuse) sung by Thrive Choir
- Joys and Concerns - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_zP8y9-3X4; When You've Got Trouble sung by Liz Longley
- Anthem - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAR6IhgekHw; Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood sung by The Animals
- Hymn - https://vimeo.com/475131509; #1023 Building Bridges (The Women of Greenham Common sung to contemporary English Quaker round)
- Closing Song - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sVH-bf4A6Q; #1074 Turn the World Around (Belafonte)
Postlude - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkuRIZ7QyDM&list=RDVkuRIZ7QyDM&start_radio=1&rv=VkuRIZ7QyDM&t=61; Madre Tierra sung by Chayanne