A House for Haunts
What ghosts inhabit your halls? What monsters lurk under your bed? On this sacred day of frights, let's explore what goes bump in the night...and how to spy the future through the veil of the past.
Rev. Jami A. Yandle (they/them) is a non-binary board certified hospice chaplain serving in Austin, TX. Jami is a graduate of Union Theological Seminary and facilitated the revision of the Unitarian Universalist Second Source to honor words and deeds of “prophetic people” rather than “prophetic women and men. Jami enjoys leading workshops and retreats related to chaplaincy, mental health, and trauma response at regional, institutional, religious, spiritual, and within the UUA.
- Gathering Music - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t1FplyMW2I; Remember Me by Thrive Choir
- Prelude - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unEU5HwX-dw; Introduction and Royal March of the Lions from Carnival of the Animals by Saint-Saens performed by the Kanneh-Masons and friends
- Opening Hymn - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRl8Y4RIQqo; #1009 Meditation on Breathing performed by Jyvonne Haskin
- Offering - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czmaR4wVqoQ; Day for the Hunter, Day for the Prey by Haitian American Leyla McCalla
- Joys and Concerns - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-KZpSZVSJ4; La Partida/The Leaving played on Paraguayan harp by Mark Marmer
- Closing Hymn - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZa60zdpbE4; #1001 Breaths (Diop/Barnwell) sung by the Foothills Unitarian Church
- Postlude - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nbf8H9d0qkc; Recuérdame/Remember Me by Gael García Bernal and Lucy Hernández and performed by Marco Antonio Alhama