Next Sunday, Nov. 29:
For the Beauty of the Earth
Rev. Brian Ferguson
On this day of the Global Climate March, including a rally at our State Capitol, we will explore the vital topic of addressing climate change and how to sustain ourselves in this struggle as individuals and a religious community.
See Sermons for more details
Meeting at 1314 E Oltorf St (Faith Presbyterian)
Wildflower Church is a deliberately inclusive, open-minded religious community in the Unitarian Universalist tradition, growing spiritually together, spreading love, justice, and joy! We create our community by covenanting one to another, using our Covenant of Right Relations. We meet in South Austin.
Winter Congregational Meeting, December 6, 2015
This semi-annual congregational meeting is open to voting members only. We will vote on issues regarding Wildflower's finances. The agenda, budget proposal, spring meeting minutes, and proxy voting forms are available. We hope to see you there.
Annual Stewardship Campaign Begins on Sunday, October 25!
We can now donate to Wildflower Church through using debit and/or credit cards. Just follow this link to the secure site on which you can donate.
Kickoff Sunday for our Annual Stewardship Campaign was Sunday, October 25. During this season, we gather in gratitude for what we have and respond in joy to give our promise of time, talent, and treasure to further the mission and goals of our beloved congregation. We look forward to celebrating this time in the life of our congregation, led by Mary Ober and Michael Johnson. Come with open hearts and make your pledge of support for 2016.
Our new alternative Serenity Service, an interfaith service of music, readings, candles, and silence, happens every third Friday of the month (next is December 18) at 7:00pm in the Sanctuary at 1314 E Oltorf St (Faith Presbyterian Church campus).
Congregation-Approved Mission, Values, 2020 Vision and Strategic Goals (June 14, 2015)
Growing spiritually together, spreading love, justice, and joy.
- Caring: We express love in action: for one another, for strangers, for our community and our planet.
- Transcendence: We experience awe, hope and joy in connecting with something bigger than ourselves.
- Spiritual Growth: We transform our authentic selves through worship and learning, work and play, taking risks and talking about things that matter.
- Justice: We promote fairness, freedom and empowerment in our society and our relations with one another.
- Outreach: We engage with the communities around us, to serve and to open our doors for those in search of a spiritual home.
2020 Vision Statement:
We nourish the growth of Spirit in new ways.
We work as partners for social justice with our wider community.
We grow more multicultural and more diverse.
We create spiritual spaces, in our central home and beyond.
This is our vision of the Wildflower Church community we aspire to be.
2020 Wildflower Strategic Goals:
- Meet spiritual needs through various and innovative ways of doing church and religious education.
- Partner for social justice with other community groups and churches to provide direct service, education, and advocacy.
- Grow a multicultural church community that more closely reflects diversity in race, age, families and cultures consistent with local demographics.
- Create a central spiritual home and other spiritual spaces that reflect our UU values and traditions.
Food for Thought, Sunday mornings, 9:30-10:45am, Faith Parlor
Wildflower members facilitate this popular weekly discussion class that offers opportunities for stimulating conversation around inspiring and evocative TED talks. Participants bring breakfast munchies and coffee is provided. Join this lively group to explore a variety of topics that touch our lives and spur the deepening of our spirituality and inquiry into how we want to show up in the world.
Membership Orientation Classes at Wildflower Church
We hold orientations several times a year. The next orientation will be held in January on a date TBD. Lunch and child care are provided. All are welcome whether intending to become a member or not. For more information, please visit our membership page or email .
New Ways of Doing Church